Boosting Your Computer Speed Saves A Trip To The Computer Repair Shop
When your computer’s speed causes you to use verbal slurs or throw tantrums, then you have seriously got to fix it. Slow computer speeds are usually a resultant of bad maintenance, and sometimes overstretching the computer’s resources. Fortunately, slow computer systems can be fixed with one or two tweaks (in some cases more) to the way the computer runs, and taking maintenance seriously. Before you take your PC for computer repairs or buy a new one, here are some ways you can speed up your computer system.
• Stop unimportant start-up programs: Having too many programs start alongside the PC is a perfect recipe for slow boot times, and slow running system as a result of too many services running in the background and this time you need computer repairs. If your system boot time is very long, you should consider reducing the number of start-up programs by using “msconfig”. On the start menu, click on run and type “msconfig”, on the window that comes up, switch to the start up tab, and uncheck the programs that you don’t need to start every time. Be careful not to uncheck key services necessary for your system to work.
• Schedule disk defrag: Disk defrag is basically the ordering of the files on your hard drive to improve efficiency of the file retrieval system. Just picture trying to get a book from an unorganised library, and getting that same book from an organised library; the odds are you’ll find the book faster in the organised library. The same line of thought works for the file system on the hard drive. An organised hard drive means the system uses less resources to retrieve information, thus speeding up the system
• Disk cleanup: This is akin to getting rid of all the things you no longer need in your house but occupies so much space. That is what disk cleanup does; it removes large files that are no longer needed. Examples of such files include temporary internet files, files in the recycle bin and reports.
• Uninstall Programs: I have a hunch that 99% of people have apps and games on their computer system and phones that they don’t use, and worse still don’t know how to use them. Uninstalling these programs can release storage space which speeds up the system.
• RAMp it up: Sometimes, our needs have gone beyond what they were when we first bought the system. Unlike before, you are now into video editing; you now ramp up more point for sandbox games, and the likes. To offset this, you will need to allow computer technician change the RAM (Random Access Memory) – the computer uses the RAM to execute the entire task that you are presently running. If the RAM is overloaded, then the system becomes slow.
Your computer should never cause you to curse; doing the steps above will surely help to prevent that, and prevent a visit to the computer repairs shop. But if you think you cannot handle the problem anymore opt for Melbourne mobile computer repairs service.