Granny Flats And Their Benefits
First of all, what is a granny flat? A granny flat that is also termed as secondary suite is actually just like an extension of the main home. But this extension is self contained though it can only accommodate two people at the most for it is built with one room only. Most of the time, it is attached to the rear part of the main house. The term granny flat is used being the main reason why this is introduced in the first place is for the grannies to have their own dwelling that is not far from the main house so that they can be helped anytime the need will arise. However, as time evolved, so is the function of granny flats. Nowadays, granny flats are created for a number of reasons like it can be an extra room or storage, as additional income and so on.
Granny flats proved to be beneficial to have for homeowners in a lot of way. if you want to know as you also are planning to have one, then feel free to check out below:
– As mentioned above, if you don’t have the grannies with you like they are living in another state, then you can use this for additional income like you can have it rented. This should be a good investment being you can have the granny flat rented up to $350/week.
– This can also be a good way to give your teenager son or daughter the freedom he/she longs. Most of the time, being in the transitional age, teenager kids can be moody and don’t want to mingle with other siblings and even their parents. So, for them not run away or lock in their rooms, you can have them stay in the granny flat.
– They will certainly increase the resale value of your property. Well, since there is an additional building, automatically, your property’s value increases.
– You can also use the granny flat as your home office especially if you are having your own business. This way, you need not rent for an outlet to receive clients and do business deals.
– Granny flats can be built without the accompanying hassles of obtaining permits. That is the good thing with this feature as you can go on with the construction right away as long as you will comply with the regulations in your state about building a granny flat.
– And lastly, you can of course use the granny flat as what it is really, to house your in-laws or your parents. When they are already past of their prime, they can have mood swings because of the many uncomforts they are starting to feel. You can then give space by letting them stay in a granny flat and will still be able to check them out every now and then.
With the many benefits of granny flats WA, you can start planning for your own and at the same time, start scouting for a granny flat builder.