Removalist Tips To Plan And Prepare The Furniture Move
Moving to a new house can be very stressful, especially when you are doing the move on your own. If you want to lessen the burden of moving houses, then it is better for you to hire interstate removalists Canberra. These are the professionals who have the right experience and knowledge on moving houses from one state to another.
However, asking the professional to help with the move does not mean that you have to do everything on your own. There are some things that you have to do for the move. You need to plan and prepare for it. Here are some planning and preparation tips to remember when you are moving houses.
1. Prepare a checklist and detailed plan for the move. The said plan should include a detailed budget of the costs incurred during the said activity. By having an accurate projection of what expenses you will be taking care of during the move, you can prevent your spending from going out of control.
2. Get multiple quotes. In your locality, there will surely be more than one removalist you can rely on. You just have to get a quote from three to five of them. The price of the service is very important. However, that should not be the only deciding factor you should take note of when choosing professional removalists.
3. The list of the items you will be moving should be accurate. The more accurate the list of items are, the more accurate the price quoted to you. Even if you cannot get a fixed price, it will determine what the rate will be if the move is an hourly job. Also, it is through the list that the movers will know what size of the truck to use as well as how much space to allocate.
4. Get a contract. Whatever services you booked for the move should be written in the contract. The written contract should have the right information about the booking and quotation. Never sign your name on the contract if it does not have the right information or if there are things in it that you do not understand.
5. Never over-schedule. You should allocate one day for one activity. Never schedule for the loading of the furniture, actual move, unpacking, cleaning services, and other important activities for the move all in one day. Be reasonable. Give enough time for each activity.
6. Provide the removalists with all of your contact numbers. Make sure that you remain easily reached all throughout the moving date. You do not want to miss out on important details for the move.
7. Since you already have an inventory of the items that are being moved, there is another piece of information that you have to include in that list. In the list, you have to include pre-existing damages to your items before the transport. If you have this list, you can use it as a reference to see if there are damages inflicted on your stuff during and after the move.
These are the important points to remember when moving. You need to carry out these tips to be able to work accordingly.